Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Houthis shoot down 3rd US reaper drone as Trump administration continues daily airstrikes

Published

on

Houthis shoot down 3rd US reaper drone as Trump administration continues daily airstrikesHouthis in Yemen have shot down another U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone, sources told Fox News.

This is the third such drone the rebels have shot down since March 3 and the second shot down since the U.S. began conducting daily strikes.

 

While the U.S. has been carrying out airstrikes daily for 20 days straight, there have been few updates from the Trump administration on the status of the operation.

The Pentagon has not held a press briefing in weeks, and the Defense Department has been quiet about the ongoing strikes.

On Tuesday, the State Department announced sanctions on “financial facilitators, procurement operatives, and companies operating as part of a global illicit finance network supporting the Houthis.”

The State Department put forward sanctions after the Houthis shot down the first Reaper in early March, citing weapons smuggling as the reason.Late last month, National Security Advisor Mike Waltz spoke about the airstrikes in an interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

“These guys are like al Qaeda or ISIS with advanced cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and some of the most sophisticated air defenses, all provided by Iran,” Waltz said.

“Keeping the sea lanes open, keeping trade and commerce open, is a fundamental aspect of our national security,” he added.MQ-9 Reaper drones cost approximately $30 million each, according to the Congressional Research Service.

Houthis have shot down 13 U.S. drones since October 2023, when the Israel-Hamas war started, however, a source told Fox News that it could be as many as 17 Reapers.

The U.S. had 230 MQ-9 Reaper drones in its arsenal as of December 2024, a U.S. defense official told Fox News. These drones are primarily used to collect intelligence but can be armed with up to eight laser-guided Hellfire missiles, according to the U.S. Air Force.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY15 hours ago

Houthis shoot down 3rd US reaper drone as Trump administration continues daily airstrikes

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Breaking: $102 billion vanished in a flash, as Tesla sales collapsed and X sold at $12 billion loss, leaving Elon Musk to face the aftermath of a sudden crisis…see more

CELEBRITY1 day ago

JUST IN!!! Patrick Mahomes Shocks the World by Rejecting Elon Musk’s $10 Million Offer: “Keep It and Spend It on Something That Actually Helps People!” Tech mogul and billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk made headlines when he offered a remarkable $10 million donation. The offer came in response to the ongoing discussions surrounding the future of football and the growing influence of Patrick Mahomes’ legacy, particularly his impact on both the NFL and youth development through his football program…

CELEBRITY1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce finally revealed Baby Boy💃💃💃after…..read more

NEWS1 day ago

TRAGIC NEWS: Prince Harry goes pale after hearing the doctor announce, In an unexpected and deeply emotional moment, Prince Harry was left visibly shaken after receiving a diagnosis from his doctor, who revealed that they had finally identified the illness that had been affecting him…….Read more

NEWS1 day ago

Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded

CELEBRITY1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All coming Games After Kansas City Chiefs Announcement for This Reason……😮 In a move that has left the sports world buzzing, the Kansas City Chiefs have officially banned billionaire Elon Musk from attending any of their future games and here is how Elon musk reacted by…see full articles here

NEWS1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS!!! Fans In TEARS As Catherine & William Make Their FINAL DECISION Marking Their Big Plan! (Revealed reason for their divorce)SEE MORE DETAILS 👇👇

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Nationwide Protests Planned In All 50 U.S. States As Over 1,100 Demonstrations Target Trump, Musk’s Job Cuts On Saturday

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Musk not leaving yet, wrapping up work on schedule once ‘incredible work at DOGE is complete’: White House

CELEBRITY2 days ago

CELEBRITY3 days ago

Breaking News: Elon Musk JUST Confronted Bill Gates & Sends Him Into A MELTDOWN!

Copyright © 2025 USAglobe24