Prince Harry ‘Regrets’ Losing Sister-in-Law Kate Middleton, Torn Between ‘Loyalty’ to Wife Meghan Markle

Kate Middleton and Prince Harry once shared a special bond, but their relationship slowly unraveled when Meghan Markle struggled to adjust to royal life.
In his memoir, Harry branded Kate as “the sister I’ve never had and always wanted,” but the two haven’t been in the same room together since King Charles‘ 2023 coronation.

SOURCE: MEGAPrince Harry called Kate Middleton the ‘sister I never had, and always wanted.’

“He really misses that warm, uncomplicated relationship, and he is torn between loyalty to his wife and regrets about the loss of the woman he was so close to,” Tom Quinn told an outlet. “Losing Kate was Harry’s second great loss after losing his mother.”

In Harry & Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex labeled Kate and Prince William as “formal,” and the group’s dynamic worsened after the release of Harry’s memoir, Spare.

SOURCE: MEGAPrince Harry often attended royal events with Kate Middleton.

On Friday, March 22, Kate returned to social media to update fans on her health after months of avoiding the spotlight.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you personally for all the wonderful messages of support and understanding whilst I’ve been recovering from surgery,” Kate began in an Instagram video. “It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family. In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London. At the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful, however, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised I should undergo preventive chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”