Will Butker be banned from playing, have his contract liquidated, or be given a chance to correct his mistakes?

The Kansas City Chiefs appear to have made a decision on Harrison Butker following some of his comments earlier this month.

The three-time Super Bowl-winning kicker has been under intense scrutiny since his speech at Benedictine College’s commencement ceremony, with some people considering it controversial, divisive, and hateful.

The Chiefs star slammed Pride Month, branding it a sin, took shots against birth control, and had some shade for the transgender community.

But what he had to say about women and employment is what rubbed most of his detractors the wrong way.

“I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolic lies told to you,” Harrison said. “Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world. I can tell you that my beautiful wife Isabelle would be the first to say her life truly started when she started living her vocation as a wife and as a mother.”

The NFL released a statement distancing itself from Butker while a petition has been circulating as certain people want him off the team.

However, while the Chiefs might not necessarily agree with the player, they are sticking by him.

“I didn’t think I need to,” Reid told reporters after being asked whether he spoke to Butker about what he said (H/T CBS Sports). “We’re a microcosm of life. … We all respect each other’s opinions. We all have a voice.”