Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

The main indicator Netflix will dismiss Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for a surprising reason: “A lying queen can’t fool anyone anymore.”

Published

on

Major changes at streaming giant Netflix could spell trouble for the future of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s $100 million content partnership amid rumours the deal will be axed next year.

Streaming giant Netflix is reportedly “losing interest” in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle amid growing speculation the Sussexes’ $100 million content partnership could be torn up.

The Sussexes inked a five-year deal with Netflix soon after “stepping back” from royal duties and moving to the United States in 2020.

The deal, made in partnership with Harry and Meghan’s Archewell production company, has produced projects like the Sussexes’ controversial docu-series slamming the monarchy.
Royal insider Richard Fitzwilliams believes the appetite for Harry and Meghan content has faded following the conclusion of Netflix’s long running the drama series The Crown.

The Sussexes in a scene from their Netflix docu-series. Picture: Netflix.

The controversial series, which broke streaming records and swept the annual Emmy awards, was an often-unflattering look at the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and her family and concluded after season six with the introduction of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s characters.

“(The Sussex deal) runs out next year and Netflix are no longer producing the series of The Crown, as they previously were. They might therefore have less interest in the Sussexes,” he told the Daily Mail on Thursday.

Despite Meghan and Harry’s waning popularity in the US and the embarrassing demise of their Spotify podcasting deal, Netflix has persevered with the former working royals and currently have two new Sussex programs in production.

The first is a Nigella Lawson-style cooking show helmed by the Duchess of Sussex while Harry is understood to be spearheading a Drive to Survive-style series on elite polo.

The streamer paid about $100 million to the couple for a five-year partnership. Picture by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU.
“Meghan’s programme for Netflix on cookery and entertaining and her lifestyle brand American Riviera Orchard and Harry’s series for Netflix on polo, show some much-needed activity (but) they clearly need more A-list endorsements,” Mr Fitzwilliams said.

Perhaps more concerning for the Sussexes, Netflix has recently brought in Dan Lin to handle the streamer’s film production division following viewer backlash to a number of big budget but poorly received original movies.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mr Lin will aim to create “fewer, bigger, better” films and series for the giant at lower prices, which could be a death knell for the Sussexes at Netflix.
“Gone are the days when Netflix would fork over seemingly unlimited budgets,” the outlet warned.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITIES2 weeks ago

Good news from the royal family: Prince William shares a heartening update on Kate’s cancer, stating, “She will be by my side forever because…” Full story below👇

CELEBRITIES2 weeks ago

Taylor Swift in recent Interview REVEALS that She will ‘attend as many’ of Travis Kelce’s games as possible next season – after NFL star spent offseason supporting her Eras Tour ‘And there will be a SPECIAL announcement soon…’

CELEBRITIES2 weeks ago

Travis Kelce says, ‘I cherish my mother; she’s a great mother. She stood by me when my dad left us to be with another woman.’”

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

“Travis Kelce says he met Taylor Swift in a special way and can’t imagine losing her, stating, ‘She is precious to my heart.’”

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

My daughter Olympia was so happy the day she held her little baby brother. She was thrilled to become a sister.”

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

Kim Kardashian Criticized Taylor Swift for bringing Travis Kelce on stage, what a shameful Relationship.

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

16-Year-Old Simone Biles ‘Didn’t Think She Was Good Enough’, Now She’s Oldest American Gymnast to Enter Olympics After 72 Years

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

Recent news: Scan revealed my wife (Meghan Markle) pregnancy will be boy, our family keep growing, this can’t be possible without you my love, you are the best wife.

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

Taylor Swift Reacts and Praised Kylie Kelce on her Massive Effort at Annual Charity Event that Raised Record-Breaking Sum… and the Popstar also made a huge donation to support.. “You’re so amazing Kylie, I can’t wait to spend more time with you after.

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

NFL Reporter Michele Tafoya Blasts ESPN For Their “Disgusting” Call Involving Prince Harry

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

Taylor Swift Revealed how she Adjusted her Schedules in order to attend as many of Travis Kelce’s games as possible next season because NFL star spent offseason supporting her Eras Tour.

CELEBRITIES3 weeks ago

Prince Harry felt “HELPLESS” in the face of Meghan Markle’s criticism when Netflix CEO announced the possibility of losing another $100 million due to the Netflix project being canceled

Copyright © 2024 USAglobe24